Monday, September 15, 2008

UPDATE

So it has been a while since the last time that I blogged, i haven't had to many pictures lately because my model started Ist grade, and she is gone for most of the day. It is weird to have her gone all day, I have free time to go shopping without someone complaining the whole time that she wished she was at home playing with friends, I have fun going to lunch with family and friends(I am available any day feel free to call). It is nice to have freedom, but I also miss her and being around her during the day. I sure love being a mom. Sadie has been a huge blessing in my life. I have been told by doctors that I probably won't be able to conceive another child, which crushed my heart, although we have tried invitro fertilization twice, getting pregnant both times and losing them both shortly after, we aren't going to give up. My awesome fertility doctor was sent to jail for a year. I know, I know, sounds bad, but I believe that he was falsely accused. He has been the best, most caring, most understanding doctor that I have been to. He is very smart, knows his stuff about fertility, and rises to the new challenges that people bring to him. He has helped so many people have their dreams of having a family come true. I haven't been to another doctor yet, and I feel right now that I just need a break from all of that stuff. So after long consideration, prayers and fasting, we have decided to adopt. The process has been long, lots of paperwork, and interviews, but well worth it. We just have one last letter to write and we will be good to go. We don't necessarily feel like we will never have any of our own children again, but we feel that we needed to proceed this way to grow our family. We are really excited, Sadie especially. She has told me time and time again that she wished she had a brother or a sister, which breaks my heart every time, but she knows that we are working hard to get her one, and let me tell you she will be THE BEST BIG SISTER ever. I sure love her, and my awesome husband who has been there for me to lean on through this whole situation. He truly is the BEST
Aren't I lucky!!!!

15 comments:

The Wrights said...

You guys are amazing.. and amazing parents! We are so blessed to have you in our lives! We love you and are so excited for your family!
Love you!

Amy said...

Ang I am sorry to hear about the hard times you and your family are going through. I think that is wonderful about your decision to adopt. It was good hearing from you and am very glad that I can keep up with your life on here. Good Luck with everything!!

Terry said...

You are so amazing Miss Angie. I love you with all my heart! I couldn't be more proud to have you for my daughter! You are so special and important to this family! I hope you know how much we all love you! We were surely blessed the day Matt brought you home! You both have created a beautiful family with more to come! We love you!

Breanne said...

Thanks for the update. I think it's awesome that you're going to adopt. I am excited for you and hope that all goes well :) Keep us updated!

Liz Bowman said...

Angie, I found your blog by accident, but am so glad! I am so sorry for your troubles adding to your beautiful family. Email me if you get a chance and we can catch up. lizbowman@gmail.com. Remember, you were always my favorite (at Cafe Rio). Liz

Sarah said...

You guys are so awesome, not to mention tough as nails!! We can't wait to see what happens in the hopefully near future! I'll do lunch anytime, if you don't mind a crazy haired girl tagging along!:)

E-Lo said...

Angie, you gave me chills reading your blog update. I really wish the adoption process will be fast and you guys can have a little baby by this Christmas :) That baby will be a lucky one to have a family like yours.
And YES!!! Don’t give up hope, you guys WILL have your own baby someday. We'll keep you guys in our prayers :)

The Gibby's said...

Ang- hello!! WOW! You have an absolutely beautiful daughter. You better watch out! I would suggest allowing her to date by resume only. :) And heavens, you look amazing!
It was so fun to take a peek into what you are doing these days.
Congrats on the decision to adopt. I have an adopted niece (my hubbies sister adopted) and we adore her. It's amazing how they really are supposed to be part of your family. The Lord does have his hand in all things- ESPECIALLY our families, and so it's no accident that you feel the need to adopt. You child is waiting to be part of your family.
So good to catch up (well in the bloggin' world anyway). Let's keep in touch!

Heidi said...

Ang, you brought tears to my eyes! I can't imagine the hard decision that would be to adopt. I know your family will be blessed with more children. I will keep your family in our prayers.

heidi

Monica said...

Ang, you know how our family feels about adoption...the most spiritual, wonderful thing in the whole entire world! I am glad to hear things are underway with all that darn paperwork and details...sheesh, a lot of work! I don't know what we would do without our precious niece and nephew...they hold a very special place in my heart. It is truly amazing how they fit so perfectly in our family!

My heart and prayers are with you guys....you are amazing!

preitygirl said...

Ang
You amaze me everyday! You have so much faith and are always so positive! I pray for you all the time. We need to do lunch! Love you tons!

Angela said...

Ang...if you ever need an extra ear to listen, I am there for ya! Adoption is a wonderful blessing. Too many children in this world are born in dire situations and they need families like yours! Let me know if I can do anything to help!

Janel said...

Angie, Matt & Sadie,

We truly love reading your BLOG. It's such a nice way to keep in touch. We can't wait to meet the newest member of your family when he or she arrives!!!! Love U!

Horsley Family said...

Angie, You are an amazing lady and a wonderful mom. I am so grateful to have you for my sister. You will blessed for all that you do to help others. I love you soo much! Your blog is wonderful and so fun to see. Jaxson and Benson always want to check in a see what Sadie is doing.
love you!Aim

Carmen said...

I love finding people on blogs, it is so great to be able to re-connect. I am sorry to hear about your fertility issues. I can relate, but haven't been through all you have. We are planning to do in vitro at the beginning of next year. We know, like you do, that the Lord will do what He will do, and we will be the better for it even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. You have a gorgeous family.